CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Mrs. Duggins' Doodlebugs

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Tables and Desks Organization


In the past, I have always taught Kindergarten. I have been a faithful table user UNTIL this year! I am looping to 1st with my Kinders, and, get this..staying in the same room! Yippee for me! But, my goal is for them to feel a true difference when they walk in. I want them to know they are now in First Grade, not Kindergarten, anymore. So, I found a wonderful teacher friend in the building who wanted tables and our custodian switched them out for us. I now have desks! But, I thought I would share with you the way the tables used to be organized.

These are our table numbers.. I use a stand up plastic document holder to number the tables and to post examples of the center work. Each table is numbered (1-5) and our literacy centers are in baskets labeled 1-5. So, it makes passing out the center baskets VERY easy. Great job for a student!



These are our Dollar Tree baskets, literacy baskets are white and math baskets are black.



Now, the dilemma is changing over to desks... Any ideas on how to organize this with desks? I'm thinking about pods with book cases at the end of each. I would love to know how your organize this for first graders.

Kelie

2 comments:

  1. I too am organizing my room this year too. It is going to make my teaching life must simplier. I made some labels and posted them on my blog for the purpose of adding some organization. I would love for you to visit my blog and follow me


    www.pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ms. Patterson! I will check you out! With great teachers who share their ideas, there's no reason to re-invent the wheel. Thanks for visiting!

    Kelie

    ReplyDelete