CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Mrs. Duggins' Doodlebugs

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thrift Store Thursday

Blog pics 043
(Sneak peak of the finished product)

While scoping out Pinterest the other day, I found this awesome napkin wreath by Amy Locurto. I was immediately inspired!
Pinned Image
When I saw it, I fell in L-O-V-E! I had to have it for my classroom.. but, of course, it had to have lots of primary colored polka dots!  It looked easy enough; grapevine wreath, ribbon, and cocktail napkins.
So, today, as I was out and about, I found this sad looking little grapevine wreath at my favorite thrift store for $2. Looks pitiful, huh?
Blog pics 028
It originally had fruit and flowers glued to it, but I took all the extras off.  I found these napkins at Target for $2 a pack (I bought 2 packs).
Blog pics 031
Once I got all the little goodies off the wreath, I opened up the napkins and started twisting them at the folded corner. They looked like this…
Blog pics 032
Then, I just stuffed the twisted ends down into the crevices of the wreath.
Blog pics 037
And I stuffed, and I stuffed… This was the end result…
Blog pics 043
Total spent for this little doozy – $6. As my kiddos say, “Easy peasy, lemon squeezy”!
Now, I’m wondering if it needs an initial in the middle? What do you think?
Kelie

1 comment: